Role: Lead Product Designer
Team: Product Development, reporting to Head of Product
Location: London/ Hybrid working
Connectr is for businesses where people belong. Connectr helps build a sense of belonging with all people, from candidates to employees, and creates a culture where everyone is included.
Through Connectr’s products and services, we put the ‘human’ back in HR and deliver a new way to form human connections, turn D&I strategy into reality, and provide an engagement and mentoring platform that people love to use.
We are an award-winning, mission-locked company. We believe every person should have equal power and opportunity to shape their future, regardless of their background.
Connectr works with over 40 employer partners, and last year supported over 40,000 people to take their next career steps.
Connectr champions an inclusive, respectful, and creative culture for our own people. We show care and candour in everything we do. We embrace new ideas, take calculated risks,communicate openly and proudly deliver our shared mission.
The product team at Connectr are at the heart of researching, designing and developing our two products, to ensure world class user experiences. Our vision is to collectively make a difference to our customers by delivering differentiated, innovative tech. Our technology is mentoring software, which enables our customers to build a sense of belonging with their diverse talent and employees; we truly believe in the power of mentoring relationships for both individuals achieving their goals, and the HR teams we work with too.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Product Designer to lead and manage our design strategy & team to support the discovery, design and delivery of our two exceptional products.
About the role:
As the Lead Product Designer, you will own and grow the Product Design team as we develop as a company. You’ll be directly managing one Product Designer and working with our Product Managers, Researcher, Product Analyst, and front and back-end Engineers. As we’re a small team this is a hands-on role, where you’ll spend most of your time designing parts for our Connectr products and website within a cross-functional team. We’re looking for someone with significant experience in this space who can really own and develop the product design team.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Help drive the vision, strategic plan and execution for our product roadmaps, both short term and long-term. Shape the user experience, create and develop new features, and facilitate the design process to take our products from the ideation phase to market ready.
• Manage, support and grow our Product Design team across multiple products.
• Coach and provide feedback on your team’s performance, helping them to develop clear career development goals and action plans on how to achieve them.
• Take Connectr into a new generation by shaping it’s future vision with other key stakeholders in the business.
• Work collaboratively with different disciplines, such as UX Researchers and Data Analysts to effectively influence product growth.
• Partner with the Product Managers and Engineers to ensure the team is strategically aligned, engaged, and delivering results.
• Develop new product features/ optimize existing features, carry ideas from initial sketches, creating user flows, designing the UI, handing them over in the appropriate format to our engineers and continuously improving the design as we release to users.
• Continuously use research and testing to validate your work and build empathy and further understanding of our users.
• Build and maintain the component library of our design system, working closely with engineer to ensure it meets their requirements.
• Champion inclusive and accessible design
We are looking for someone with experience of working in as a Senior Product Designer/ Lead Product Designer. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their experiences of the responsibilities listed above as well as the required skills/experiences below:
• Experience managing Product Designers and have a genuine interest in their growth and their future.
• Experience of working within a cross functional Product team.
• A portfolio of projects that showcase your digital product / web design experience.
• Someone who understands how digital products get built, and you have significant experience shipping them.
• Confidence and experience of working on your own as a designer, with the ability to own your work and make decisive decisions.
• Experience creating low fidelity wireframes all the way to high fidelity UI designs.
• Experience creating digital design systems, user flows and wireframes.
• Experience creating prototypes.
• Experience running usability testing.
• Experience with Figma/Sketch.
• Ability to communicate with clarity and have great team working skills.
• Understanding of web technologies.
• Knowledge of accessibility in design.
• Experience of Agile methodology, and working in Sprints etc.
• Experience of research methods and designing with available insights.
• Experience working with A/B tests alongside the Product team
• Experience running user testing.
• Marketing & Brand knowledge.
Ensure compliance of your team to all rules, policies, and regulations at Connectr including HR policies, D&I best practice and information security and data privacy guidelines.
Connectr is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.